Friday, December 17, 2010

Bogle Speaks: On Wall Street Greed and ETFs



I agree with Jack Bogle to a certain extent. ETFs have become a rapid trading vehicle for individuals and institutions, which helps Wall Street create trading profits. However, I do think ETFs, if used properly, can be a great investment tool for the average investor. I am a buy and hold ETF investor. I only intended to sell my shares after I enter retirement as needed to fund the necessities of life and to have some fun traveling.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with both of you. Many things in life are beneficial if used in moderation but unfortunately moderation is not some people's dictionary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bogle's correct when he says if you buy and hold you will make money. Its the constant trading and chasing of these ETF's that cause investors headaches and losses.

    ReplyDelete