Friday, September 4, 2009

Gifts to the United States Government

There have been rumblings in the media and in certain political circles that not all Americans are paying their fair share of taxes even though we have a progressive tax system in this country. For those who feel undertaxed (and you know who you are) or extremely patriotic, there is a way to remedy this situation. The IRS has provided a means to gift your hard-earned dollars to the government (yes, I am serious). Please send your check or money order at any time to the address below:

Gifts to the United States
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Credit Accounting Branch
3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D
Hyattsville, MD 20782

And if you feel so inclined, you can make the US Government the sole beneficiary of your will or trust so you don't have to worry about the impact of estate taxes on your heirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment