Monday, March 12, 2012

Pet Peeves: Traveling



Sure, sports is nothing more than entertainment. But I want it to mean something more, especially college sports, or at least be honest and fair. NBA refs barely seem to know what traveling is anymore, and their foul calling is a tad inconsistent to the say the least..... sometimes you have to draw blood to get a foul called, and sometime just being within a foot of a player will get a foul called. This inconsistency really sours the pro game for me.

Now college seems to be getting in on the act. The NCAA officials in every game I've watched this year have forgotten the rules of the game and don't know how to call a walk. Is it just that the athletes have gotten so athletic the refs can't keep up? I don't think so. The game has become pure entertainment and they let the rules slide to keep the fans entertained with the spectacular play. I, for one, am sorry to see this trend develop.

This doesn't mean I won't be watching the NCAA tournament games for the next several weeks, but the outcomes will seem tainted to me. Give me the pure, unadulterated game called straight-up according to the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment