Thursday, October 25, 2012

Why I'm Pro Choice

The liberal mantra "it's my body and I'll do with it as I want" applies to reproduction, but not to consumption. It's not just ok for taxpayers to pay for contraceptives and abortions for everyone; it's a god-given government-given right. But when it comes to using your own money to buy a soda...... well that's a whole other story. Nanny Bloomberg has already but the squelch on big gulps in NYC. Now the DC city council is looking to do the same for their residents out of passion and concern for their health and well being. I'm from the "just leave me the heck along and I'll be better off" school of government. That's why I'm pro-choice when it comes to type of soda and size of soda. If someone is spending their own money for an item they desire why should the government impose its iron will on the people (doesn't DC have much bigger problems to address like failing schools and crime?). Set the convenience stores free.... don't demonize the soft drink companies. Don't send taxpayers over the state line to NJ, VA or MD to buy their refreshments.

No comments:

Post a Comment