Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Quote of the Day: Stuart Schneiderman

Finally, let’s offer a few remarks about the students who are camped out across America, protesting against whatever.

At the least, we can say that they are putting their college educations to good use.

The pride of America’s educational system did not acquire the skills needed to do the jobs that are available. They did not learn a work ethic that would have served to propel them into the workforce. And they did not learn that markets have a say in determining their value.

Not at all. Today’s younger generation learned how to complain. They learned how to take offense and how to be aggrieved. They have come to believe that they deserve rewards, regardless of whether they have earned them or not.

And, on top of it all, four years in an American institution of higher education has taught them how to PARTY. According to the London Daily Mail they are putting that side of their educational experience to good use.

~ Stuart Schneiderman from The Revolution Comes to Wall Street

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, the attitude of kids today is so different from even when I graduated 25 years ago. We honestly just worked hard and didn't expect handouts. Today it is a different story, although I also notice adults thinking they 'deserve' things too, which is a big part of why we are in the mess we are in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, I learned how to party in college. But I didn't come out of school expecting anything to be given to me just because I thought I deserved, and I certainly wouldn't sit around and bitch and complain if I didn't get what I wanted.

    ReplyDelete