Thursday, April 28, 2011

Theater of the Absurd: The Obama Birth Certificate Issue

First, let me say I am not a Birther, but I don't personally believe we will ever know beyond a shadow of a doubt whether Obama is a natural born citizen or not. And I don't think it really matters. I don't want the kind of Constitutional crisis that would result from an illegitimate President and his actions while in office.

With the release of the Obama Certificate of Live Birth document yesterday, it should come as no surprise that the skeptics are racing to cast doubt upon it. However, what is truly fascinating in this whole sordid affair is how easy the Whitehouse has made it for the doubting Thomases. How dumb do you have to be to put out such an obvious digitally manipulated image? This doesn't necessarily mean the information on the certificate isn't real. It just means someone has messed around with the pdf file and wasn't smart enough to clean up after themselves. In other words, this isn't even a "professional quality" alteration/enhancement. Unbelievable. I don't think even The Donald will step into this issue, but only time will tell.



No comments:

Post a Comment